The Impact of New Media on the Beauty Industry

For my term paper, I chose to write about the impact that new media has had on the beauty industry. I have been using makeup for about twelve years now and I myself have seen such a shift in how makeup used to be back then and how it is now. In my paper, I would like to talk about the different changes that have occurred in this industry due to the introduction of new media. For example, before people would kind of be on their own going into stores and having to look at makeup and take a chance to see if it would work for them; however, now so many people use new medias such as Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to share their experiences with makeup and review them to give others insight about the products, so people go into stores having a good amount of information about the makeup they will be encountering. Another change is how the use of new medias have turned many ordinary people into somewhat of celebrities because of their beauty related content and how that has affected marketing techniques that beauty brands use to advertise their products. I also feel like it's important to examine how new media's impact on the beauty industry has effected their consumers' experience and talk about the positive and negative aspects of that because that is also something that has changed from the past. Finally, I would like to consider the implications that new medias can possibly have on the beauty industry in the future. This is just a brief description of what I plan on discussing in my paper; I hope to cover all these points and more.

Comments

  1. New media has definitely changed the beauty industry. Before I buy any beauty product, I constantly check what others are saying on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. I want more than one opinion. These platforms make it very easy to find out this information. I don't want to blindly spend so much money on a product or use it on my skin without hearing reviews. In addition, I noticed a lot of people made a name for themselves through these social media platforms such as makeup artists or beauty gurus. There's a handful of people who became successful through this. Whether it was from tutorials or reviews on beauty products. New media creates more opportunities for these users.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Privacy

Advice